With summer finally here we cannot help but be totally inspired by cool, calming and peaceful decor. We fell in love with the article the tips offered by Southern Living Magazine.
Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Incorporate Architectural Details: Apply the character of the coast to your home’s exterior with beach house-style architecture and accents of vibrant color. A Caribbean blue louvered doorway adds flair.
2. Choose a Sunny Palette: Crisp whites combined with punches of bright colors immediately transport you to the coast. Aqua accents in pillows, throw, and rug mimic the ocean’s dazzling blues, and the pops of bright orange are inspired by the magnificent hues of the setting sun. Whitewashed horizontal shiplap planking evokes the feel of old Gulf-front beach houses.
3. Keep It Light and Bright: An emphasis on color and light enhances this kitchen’s coastal feel. Don’t be afraid to use strong color in big, unexpected ways such as on your kitchen island. So this island doesn’t seem stark and alone in the middle of the room, the same color was repeated in simple window shades. Plenty of sunlight, additional white cabinetry, and warm wood floors balance the bright aqua.
4. Bring the Outdoors In: In this tailor-made, serene getaway, wicker lounge chairs surrounded by lush plants and coastal shrubbery transport you to the coast without you ever having to set foot outside your home. Don’t forget the beach towels and refreshing beverages!
5. Create Your Own Beach Cabana: Transform your backyard into an outdoor oasis. This open-air pavilion provides the perfect escape from the heat during pool parties or evening entertaining in the summer. The blue-and-white color scheme, canvas curtains, porthole-style window, and lots of chairs for lounging all reflect coastal style.